Abortion in US was legalised in early seventies. But other countries accept it as legal only when genuine reasons are put forward. There are several social, mental and other reasons why abortion should be legal or legalized.
- When a girl is raped or forced to do sex.
- When it is found that the child to take birth has some defects or abnormalities.
- If the parents are unable to support the child financially.
- If there are some dangers to the life of the pregnant woman.
- To make it sure that the woman is in her better health.
Categorizing the above facts and several other like factors into legal, illegal and restrictions based on abortion history, abortion rates etc, different countries accept abortion upto the first or second trimester. Or may make abortion legalized completely.
USA allows abortion based on above grounds. But several other countries like Jamaica, Kuwait, Kenya, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Mongolia, Maldives allows abortion with restrictions based on above mentioned conditions. However these restrictions can be lifted when:
- There is a case of rape with a minor.
- The husband of the pregnant woman has no issues with her abortion decision.
- The pregnant girl is a minor and her parents are in the favour of abortion.
- Proper medical reasons are reported by a doctor for abortion.
There are some regions who do not allow abortion at any cost. Like Chile, Malta, Vatican City and El Salvador.
So, i hope you have got answer to your question. However it is advisable to contact your nearby advocate to know – Is abortion legal in your region or not.