Many people also call gout as toe or feet disease. The reason being toe or feet is generally affected by gout. Other parts of our body that mostly get affected by gout are knee and wrist joints. One point we should note here is that at one point of time more than one joint can be vulnerable to gout.
Now, the automatic question that comes to our mind is— How to identify gout? What are its symptoms and what are the causes of gout?
Well, before heading towards the home remedies for gout, let us first know about the symptoms and causes of gout….OK… Lets’ go:
- If you feel a sudden short-period unbearable pain then the chances are that you have gout.
- Other indicators of gout are Inflammation, tenderness in the joints of your body.
- Although gout attacks can take place at any time of the day but generally it is experienced during midnight and early in the morning.
- The part of the body having gout becomes hot and swollen and it is very sensitive to touch.
- The pain & the swelling will vanish after 1-2 weeks.
- Again it may reoccur at the same part of the body or some other part.
So, if you are experiencing the above symptoms then chances are very high that you have gout.
WHAT CAUSES GOUT
There can be many causes of gout but let’s discuss 8 main reasons of gout.
- People having high level of uric acid in their body are more prone to gout.
- Intake of excess alcohol is another reason for gout. So avoid excessive alcohol.
- Studies have also found that people with higher degree of stress for longer period of time become prey to gout disease.
- Exercise regularly because lack of proper exercise can also cause gout.
- Many people don’t bother about timely meals and skip them. But they don’t realize that skipping meals could lead to toe or feet disease.
- Dehydration can also cause gout so; drink at least 8-10 glasses of water to avoid gout due to dehydration.
- Excessive aspirin intake is another reason for gout.
- And the eighth main cause of gout could is menopause.
So, now, as you are aware of the major causes of gout, do take proper care to avoid this disease.
Having known the symptoms and causes of gout, lets’ now take a look at home remedies for gout. Below are the 4 best known gout home remedies for treating gout pain at home. Follow these home remedies sincerely for gout pain relief and to avoid gout in future.
1. Home Gout Remedies By The Use Of Ice.
It is a very simple and quick tip on gout home remedy. Take an ice cube and wrap it in a cotton cloth. Now place this cloth wrapped ice on the gout affected area. Continue this for 10 minutes and you will feel some quick gout relief.
Although it is very simple and temporary solution for gout pain but it is very easy and quick to execute when you experience sudden gout pain attack and don’t know what to do.
2. Remedy For Gout – APPLES.
It is rightly said that ‘An apple a day keeps doctor away’. Same is true for gout also. An apple a day, keeps gout away. Apple contains malic acid which has the power to neutralize uric acid.
Therefore it is highly recommended to eat one apple after every meal. Even if you are not suffering from gout then also I would suggest you to eat apples every day because ‘Prevention is always better than Cure’.
3. Natural Remedy For Gout Using Lime.
Intake of lime is again an effective way for the prevention of gout.
Take a lime and cut it into two equal pieces. Squeeze one cut piece into 1 glass of water and mix it well. Drink this lime juice twice a day for gout pain relief.
Lime contains citric acid which has the tendency of dissolving uric acid. Thus regular intake of lime juice reduces the uric acid in our body and is one of the best natural remedies for gout.
4. Use Of Mustard Oil And Camphor As Remedies For Gout Pain.
Massaging the gout affected part of the body with solution made up of mustard oil and camphor has proved to have produced great results!
Take 1 cup of mustard oil and add 10 grams of camphor to it. Now heat the mixture till the camphor gets completely dissolved into the mustard oil to form a solution. Now leave the solution ideal till it becomes lukewarm. As I said earlier, use this lukewarm mustard oil & camphor solution to massage the gout affected part of your body for the treatment for gout pain.
I hope you found these at home remedies for gout pain helpful. Please share it with your friends so that they may get benefited.